We all know Red Bull is an energy drink. Who doesn’t love the Red Bull Wild Cherry or Red Bull Plum Edition flavor? Youngsters are all raving for the Red Bull Winter Edition Plum Twist for its unique flavor and after-taste. Today, let’s put Red Bull under the microscope.
Red Bull: What’s in energy drinks?
Energy drinks are promoted as an “aid” to avoid fatigue, concentrate better, or perform better. Red Bull includes different components that stimulate the central nervous system, such as taurine and caffeine. Other ingredients are water, sucrose, glucose, citric acid, carbon dioxide, taurine 0.4%, acidity regulator (sodium carbonates, magnesium carbonate), caffeine 0.03%, vitamins (Niacin, pantothenic acid, B6 and B12), flavorings, colors (caramel, rivoflavin).
Nutritional analysis of Red Bull energy drinks
Beyond seeing the list of ingredients in-depth, it is important to analyze their nutritional information to know the calories, the nutrients, and the amount of each of them and other non-nutritive substances. As you can see, in addition to stimulating substances such as taurine and caffeine, Red Bull energy drinks are rich in free sugars, which constitute the main ingredients after water. These sugars are precisely those absorbed quickly; together with caffeine, they can have an addictive effect on our body.
Red Bull Winter Edition Plum Twist contains B-complex vitamins in varying amounts. Their composition is based on water, simple sugars, and caffeine, or other stimulant substances.
Red Bull Wholesale Distributors: The energy drink market
For several decades now, the well-known energy drinks have earned a not inconsiderable niche in the market, under a huge diversity of brands and an unstoppable rising consumption. These drinks began to be marketed in 1995. The most famous of all is Red Bull. It appeared in 1987, launching a new product and its appearance founded a new category of drinks. Many of our young and not so young athletes are regulars. Curiously, Red Bull is the energy drink that currently holds the largest market share in volume. It is given the position of pioneer brand.
Red Bull continues to dominate the market.
Red Bull was originally designed exclusively for athletes. At present, they are consumed by all sections of the population as just another drink. Therefore, one might ask: can Red Bull bring us the benefits they promise?
In order to answer these questions, it is necessary to know the interior of energy drinks, where the following components can mainly be found:
- Glucuronolactone: It is a carbohydrate derived from the metabolism of glucose in the liver. Its mission is to collaborate in the synthesis of vitamin C which works as a detoxifier for the body. It is part of the structure of almost all connective tissues and therefore is found in lower amounts in foods naturally than in energy drinks.
- L-Carnitine: It is an amine whose function is to bind to fatty acids and lead them to the mitochondria’s interior. Carnitine is shown as an essential agent in the oxidation of fatty acids, and it is presumed that its supplementation can improve their oxidation capacity during muscle contraction.
- Inositol: The main function of inositol is the breakdown of fat in the body, mainly in the liver. In addition, together with certain neurotransmitters, it intervenes in neuronal transmission. Inositol is added because it is efficient in converting nutrients into energy in addition to its sweetening effect. Among the benefits attributed to it are a decrease in cholesterol and an improvement in mood.
- Xanthines: These compounds include theophylline, caffeine, and theobromine. Xanthines relax smooth muscle, particularly the bronchi, stimulate the central nervous system and heart muscle, and also have diuretic effects. The ergogenic effect of caffeine is demonstrated in high-intensity efforts.
- Taurine: This compound owes its name to its discovery in bull bile. It is a component of bile acids widely known for its antioxidants. Taurine in energy drinks may be effective due to the increased activity of caffeine when it is present.
- Amino acids: such as aspartate, asparagine, or cysteine can be highlighted as stimulating protein synthesis; causing a decrease in fatigue during moderate exercise.
- Sugars: such as sucrose, fructose, and glucose.
The questionable benefits of Red Bull energy drinks and their effects on health.
The use of Red Bull raises different opinions among the population. Those in favor of its habitual consumption maintain numerous benefits in it, whereas the detractors allege serious damages for the health.
Effects of drinking Red Bull Wild Cherry or Red Bull Winter Edition Plum Twist
The effects of drinking a can of Red Bull Wild Cherry energy drink can last for more than a week.
- The first 10 minutes
- After drinking the first few sips of the Red Bull Wild Cherry or Red Bull Winter Edition Plum Twist, caffeine enters your bloodstream in the first 10 minutes. Your blood pressure and your heart rate begin to increase.
- 15-45 minutes
- It is the time interval in which the peak of caffeine in the blood is reached. You will feel more alert and more focused due to the stimulating effects of caffeine and taurine.
- 30-50 minutes
- In parallel, the body absorbs all the caffeine ingested, and your liver injects more sugar into the blood.
- 1 hour
- Your body begins to experience a sugar crash and the effects of caffeine on your energy levels.
- 5-6 hours
- It is the period in which the amount of caffeine in your blood is reduced to 50%. Women who take the contraceptive pill take twice as long to reach this point.
- 12 hours
- It is the time when most people eliminate ingested caffeine. The exact period depends on several factors, such as age and physical activity.
The benefits that are generally attributed to energy drinks are as follows:
- Increased performance. Since they reduce fatigue in medium intensity resistance exercises and increase concentration and reaction speed during their execution.
- They accelerate metabolism, an effect mainly attributed to caffeine, which increases energy metabolism at rest.
- Energy boost. Red Bull drinks are not energizing but stimulating, mainly due to caffeine. It directly affects the central nervous system, creating a false sense of vitality by creating a level of alertness and reducing the perception of physical effort.
Trivia: Red Bull’s incredible expansion into football started in Salzburg
The energy drink brand also boasts the RB Leipzig, the New York Red Bull, and the Red Bull Bragantino. One of the most sought-after images was that of the Portuguese in the stands watching the game. Well, in the middle of the first part, an athlete could be seen calmly in the stands drinking a drink- curiously, it was a Red Bull.
Years ago, Red Bull began to enter the world of sports by observing that it was one of itsniche markets. It started with extreme sports like freestyle motorcycling, BMX, or skateboarding. Red Bull has even sponsored true idols in disciplines such as for paratrooper Felix Baumgartner or Xeno Muller. Little by little, it specialized in motoring until Red Bull had its own Formula 1 team: Red Bull Racing, one of the most powerful today. It also has a team that competes in Formula NASCAR.
Red Bull: the beginning
In 2005, Red Bull erupted in the world of football. The company bought the Austria Salzburg club that was known in the mid-90s as the Casino Salzburg. After being bought by Dietrich Mateschitz, a historic club from Austria has become the true dominator of the national championship with 11 Austrian Bundesligas and seven Cups. In recent years, Red Bull is seeking to make its mark in Europe as well.
Although it is not the only football club that owns or runs the beverage factory at this time. In 2006, Red Bull took control of the New York Metrostars founding the New York Red Bull. A club that has not yet achieved any national title has been runner-up on several occasions. As if that were not enough, in 2007, it began its adventure in Brazil, although they have not yet been as fruitful as the others, perhaps because it started from the bottom with Red Bull Brasil. In 2019, they decided to acquire the Clube Atletico Bragantino to merge it and be renamed Red Bull Bragantino.